Thursday, September 22, 2011

On Getting Older/Being 60 But How Can That Be?

I used to have two patches on my cutoff jeans back in Philadelphia in the late 60's-early 70's. One was "Keep on Truckin'", and the other was "Never trust anyone over 30". I wish I had those jeans today (not that I could shoehorn myself into them)

The oldest article of clothing I of my own that wasn't purchased in a thrift shop is my Woodstock 10th Anniversary tee, bought in 1978 from an ad in the back of Rolling Stone Magazine. I had cut off the sleeves to wear to the gym and it has some stains, but I'm planning to put it in a t-shirt frame.

Gee, what is is today? 43rd anniversary? I think I'm going to throw up.

I wouldn't want to go through the angst of doing things over again, but I sure wish I didn't have my neck thing (not that you'll ever see it on this blog) - my hairdresser, who's probably 5 years older than me, but petite and cute as a button, had her neck done. $2500. Looks great. I'm chicken. I'll just look for the ever-higher turtleneck.

No comments:

Post a Comment